Perched high on a hilltop ridge in southern Tunisia, the village of Chenini was once used as a fortified granary by nomadic Berbers. Inspired by the intricately woven, Bakhnoug wool wedding shawls worn by its people — each one hand-woven to express declarations of belonging and faith, as well as messages of goodwill and hope — these shawls flaunt spectacular geometric and abstract motifs. Our Chenini wallcovering is an homage to these textile masterpieces, and features like shapes embroidered with naturally dyed raffia across a grasscloth ground.
- Pattern Stripe
- Featured Colours Twinkle, Light Blue, Neutral, Cream
- Composition Front: 75% Sisal, 15% Raffia, 7% Glass beads, 3% Viscose Thread. Back: 100% Paper
- Width 91.4cm / 36.0"
- Horizontal Repeat 43.18cm / 17.0"
- Vertical Repeat 40cm / 15.7"
- Cleaning Dry Cloth or Vacuum Brush
- uses Wallcovering
- Collection The Hyde Collection
- Roll Length 7.3m/8yd
- Repeat Info Straight Match, Untrimmed